Windows XP: Getting randomly bluescreens/restarts on my new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
These BSOD's, did we get a code to investigate?
Also is there any pattern to this problem, certain apps / timeframe etc

Cheers,

~ Tkey

My Dvd-rom - ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P Vanished/corrupt

Hi, got problem with DVD drive, i installed my audio driver and then my pc rebooted, when it logged back in user i seen that my DVD Drive is kind corrupted, and i dont see it in My Computer, checked Device Manager - uninstalled DVD drive and pressed "Scan for hardware change" then it appear that is installing DVD drive, it appears in My Computer for few secs and then again vanish (DVD drive)! Now my dvd drive isnt reading any disk.... any1 know how to solve this problem?

Processor: Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad LGA775 2.40 Ghz
RAM: MB 2048MBX2 DDR 800(4096MB)
Videocard: GEFORCE 8600GT 512 MB DDR-3
HDD: GB SEAGATE 500GB 16MB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P31-DS3L
Soundcard: Integrated
Other stuff: Card Reader 26in 1
make/model of the device having a issue with: DVD-ROM (atapi dvd a DH20A4P)

On my processor box (what came when i baught it) was typed "ACE" is that company ? o_O

Where do I check name of my Motherboard ???

Generally on the mobo itself. It may also be listed with the documentation you recieved with your computer.

Tkey i isntalled some Balarc Advisor program what show all info about my PC:

I link few stuff from my pc

System Model*

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P31-DS3L
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Main Circuit Board*
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P31-DS3L
Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F8 12/25/2007

can P31-DS3L be my motherboard name?

in GIGABYTE web there is 2 choosable stuff

1st GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EP31-DS3L

2nd GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver - GA-P31-DS3L (rev. 1.x)

which I need to pick?

Hm gona check, btw my PC seller gived me wrong video kard, i baught GeForce 8600GT ,but seen i have ATI Radeon HD 3650... btw which is better for gaming?

Got another problem - installed UAA BUs audio driver and my sound now is gone... tryed reinstall Realtek, UAA but still no sound... any ideas why?

91254824zn2.jpg

Btw fixed alot of drivers now, only left this audio driver & some port driver which showing as red X in driveragent, propobly need find better version for it, but i downloaded from GYGABITE latest chipset drivers :/

Re: My Dvd-rom - ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P Vanished/corrupt

Hello,

Let me start off by saying Please do not make multiple threads of the same issue. You have this topic here. There is no reason to start 2 more threads asking the same exact questions you have asked here. We will be by to help when we can. Creating more threads will not get you resutls faster. Just get you into more trouble.

Also please do not make multiple posts in a row. You can edi tposts for up to 24 hours. Please use the Edit Button.

With all that said you are cluttering up your system. You are installing multiple drivers which is now creating conflicts with either the drivers or IRQ's. The sounds driver being the case in poin there. You need to make sure you REMOVE the old drivers first with software like Driver Cleaner Pro.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

Installing several drivers at once and not removing the old will only get you right back in the same situation you were in before.

Now why do you have missing drivers for a ATi Product when you say you have a nVidia Product? Also in the Pic posted above you show no driver conflicts at all and your DVD ROM is listed.

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver - GA-P31-DS3L (rev. 1.x)

Right there is the download page for your mobo drivers. The Audio is listed. Along with your chipset and your LAN. When you listed sound you put down your speakers. That is not your sound card. That is just what hte sound comes out of. We need to know if you have onbaord or a sound card.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom