windows xp genuine crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

azkid110

Solid State Member
ok my idiot brother did not look at the microsoft update and he downloaded the genuine microsoft thing. i bought this computer from a guy who rebuilds computers and he didnt get genuine windows on it. and i dont want to pay to be genuine, because we already have genuine computers in the house.

so how do i get rid of this? i tryed to get rid of it in the program allruns, but that didnt help genuine windows just kept sticking back into the registry

OK nevermind, if you want to get rid of it, than get yourself "hijack this" you can find it everywhere, google it. ok but get it and run it, find "wgatray.................startup windows somthing" or somthing like that and click the check box, and click fix checked, reset your computer when it asks you to. AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, NO MORE WINDOWS GENUINE CRAP. yay

i just found that out, after doing a system restore (which didnt work), and trying repeadedly to delete it out of the registry (also didnt work) so i tryed hijack this and it worked.

That still leaves the EGA on your system. Google RemoveWGA. That should fully remove WGA from your system. Otherwise it will still get back into the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom