Windows XP Freeze!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Model Mania

Banned
Hi pls help me.

I built my pc a few months ago and it has been working brilliantly until a few days ago the computer froze so i reset the pc, ever since i have only got past the xp load up screen with the blue scrolling bar twice and then the mouse+keyboard froze. To try and fix this i swapped my ram with my brothers (he told me too) and unfortunately this didn't work. I then tried another hard drive which i reformatted and installed xp on it still froze on the load up screen, so then i tried reformating my hard drive and re-installing xp which wasnt very successful i wasn't able to re-install xp completely, so now im screwed pls help me, any suggestions will be truely appreciated. Thx.

Model Mania said:
Hi pls help me.

I built my pc a few months ago and it has been working brilliantly until a few days ago the computer froze so i reset the pc, ever since i have only got past the xp load up screen with the blue scrolling bar twice and then the mouse+keyboard froze. To try and fix this i swapped my ram with my brothers (he told me too) and unfortunately this didn't work. I then tried another hard drive which i reformatted and installed xp on it still froze on the load up screen, so then i tried reformating my hard drive and re-installing xp which wasnt very successful i wasn't able to re-install xp completely, so now im screwed pls help me, any suggestions will be truely appreciated. Thx.

I would make sure all the IDE cable are right and secure, can you get your self into safe mode?

i have the option to press r and recover again i have tried this and it doesnt work i dont have any other disc except for the install disc

it freezes ion safe mode and safe mode with networking and the other safe mode option and the ide cables are tight!

I then tried another hard drive which i reformatted and installed xp on it still froze on the load up screen, so then i tried reformating my hard drive and re-installing xp which wasnt very successful i wasn't able to re-install xp completely, so now im screwed pls help

this happens

Model Mania said:
I then tried another hard drive which i reformatted and installed xp on it still froze on the load up screen, so then i tried reformating my hard drive and re-installing xp which wasnt very successful i wasn't able to re-install xp completely, so now im screwed pls help

this happens

Reset the mother board. Unplug the computer but while inside unplug the power suppy to the mother board and wait like 30 secs or more and then plug it back in and then try.

Two

Check the outlet to make sure your getting full power, this you can try by taking it to another outlet in the home and trying it.

All I know, I would be pulling my hair out about now and I need the hair I have as it is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom