Windows XP errror

Status
Not open for further replies.

the0ctagon

Solid State Member
I just recently got Adobe Premiere 6.5 for my laptop and keep getting an error message that doesn't allow me to install the software. The title of the error message is "16 Bit Windows Subsystem" and the error message itself reads "C:\\Windows\system32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose 'close' to terminate the application." Does anyone know how I can fix this problem. i have a new IBM laptop that runs on Windows XP Professional.

Could someone explain these steps to me. Do they want me to locate the Autoexec.nt and config.nt files that I created in notepad or the actual files? and what does %SYSTEMROOT% mean?

13. In the File Name box, type Autoexec.nt, and then click Save. Close the Autoexec.nt file.
14. Start Windows Explorer. Locate the Config.nt file, right-click the Config.nt file, and then click Copy.
15. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder, and then click Paste.
16. Locate the Autoexec.nt file, right-click the Autoexec.nt file, and then click Copy.
17. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder, and then click Paste.
18. Locate the Command.com file, right-click the expanded Command.com file, and then click Copy.
19. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder, and then click Paste. Restart your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom