Windows XP Edit w/ nLite Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
Im trying to make windows xp the fastest and lightest that it can possibly be. I spent some time taking out alot of stuff with nlite but when i installed windows with my new CD, I could not connect to the internet because there was limited or no conectivity. In ipconfig i had no IP address, so repair failed. Im pretty sure i removed something that i need for internet to work properly. Ima post some screenshots of my configuration and feedback on what I should/need to put back in or what i can still take out would be appreciated.

How do you connect to the internet? Wireless, through another PC, through a modem, through a router?

Ethernet. Cable modem ------ router-----ME (Realtek RTL8139 integrated)

as for the processes, the configuration shown in the 1st pic 2nd row 2nd post is fine because thats how my current windowz is setup.

What im not positive about is the Network thing (1st image 2nd post) or the service components (last image 2nd post)

*** Moved topic ***

You ought to get more responses here in the Windows forum instead of a hardware forum.

Ethernet. Cable modem ------ router-----ME (Realtek RTL8139 integrated)

as for the processes, the configuration shown in the 1st pic 2nd row 2nd post is fine because thats how my current windowz is setup.

What im not positive about is the Network thing (1st image 2nd post) or the service components (last image 2nd post)

(thanks for the move)

that why you should remove xp components with nlite. you take the chance of stuff not working

nLite is a bad, bad program if you are not VERY WELL versed in windows OS, and networking

From what I've seen in your screens... you effed up the networking side of it pretty bad (removing modem drivers, removing IIS...)

What I'd try in this instance... Recovery Tool from the OS install disk.

well, im getting a new mobo/cup in a few weeks and want to format along with the upgrade. I burned a CD made with thoes settings and tested it on my PC on a blank 10gig hdd to make sure it would work properly when i needed to use it. I already feel like giving up and just using a regular CD, but i really dont want so ill leave all network components alone and put back some of the services im not sure and let u know how it goes. Its not really urgent that i get it working, i just want a lite, fully functioning OS ready for my new parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom