Windows XP DLL Relocation Error - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Exclamation Windows XP DLL Relocation Error

Hey,

This is really urgent! Will you guys help me as quick as possible please!!!! Just right now, when I updated my PC, I use WINXP, I rebooted my PC, it goes up to the splash screen, when it's loading, then when it's supposed to go to the log-in screen, I hear a click, and then a BSOD comes up. It says:

STOP: c0000269 {Illegal System DLL Relocation}
The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly.
The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows System DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should %s %s

It says exactly what I wrote, even the %s %s[whatever that means]. I rebooted in normal mode, safe mode, and Last known configuration. Is there a way t fix this, without formatting?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

You running a Compaq? Did you have the Beta version of SP2 installed? What did you install or what updates did you install before this happened?

Old 04-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

No, I'm not running a Compaq. I have the "real" version of SP2. The updates were Journal Viewer, Frame 1.1, Windows XP security fixes, and an IE secuity fixes.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2005, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitze105 Send a message via Yahoo to Blitze105

there are 2 ways u can do this
BUT...u have to have the programs

1)Partition magiceasy thing to do is partition ur drive and copy everything over you want to save

2)Nortons Ghost-pick and choose ur files and burn them to CD or DVD

heres something else u can try also

If u have a windows disc boot it up to the disc, reinstall windows WITHOUT FORMATTING
just have it replace the windows directory

this shouldn't wipe ur h/d or ne thing (IM STILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT U LOOSE ok?)
it shouldn't wipe ur info though
Old 04-23-2005, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Shot in the Dark

i have another idea u can use... if u feel like having some fun
put ur hard drive on another computer as slave, access your files. now go to ur system 32 folder...and try to put the file you are missing or is not there.. there.. lol
just google the file name and u can d/l, copy it to a disk put the disk in the cd drive/floppy a drive and maybe copy it from tehre to ur inslaved hard drive im not sure that will work.... thats why i made it a new post sorry for the double post but i wanted to make sure u knew im just taking a shot in the dark with that one
Old 04-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Why do people hate double posts, I don't. lol. Blitze the last one might work, but I don't have another PC. I have 2 partitions. I'm using Windows 98 now [it's hell]. lol. I might be able to fix it via using PC Recue 2.0 and Registry Mechanic. BUT, there is a problem. I don't see my XP partiton in "my Computer". I can see my 98 partition in WInXP. Is there a way so I can access WinXP via 98? Could it be that 98 can't read NFTS partitions?

Quote:
Old 04-25-2005, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Field Engineer

Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

do a repair install and you will loose no data.

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Old 04-25-2005, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

hey that is what i said shawn!

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr...tfswin98.shtml

there that should be what u need, it allows u to read ntfs on win98 i believe if it works right it should? if not i suggest formatting the 98 since it is a hell and putting something else on it. but 98 does have its ups and downs... ups being a simpler network but oh well

Closed Thread