Windows XP DLL Relocation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
Hey,

This is really urgent! Will you guys help me as quick as possible please!!!! Just right now, when I updated my PC, I use WINXP, I rebooted my PC, it goes up to the splash screen, when it's loading, then when it's supposed to go to the log-in screen, I hear a click, and then a BSOD comes up. It says:

STOP: c0000269 {Illegal System DLL Relocation}
The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly.
The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows System DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should %s %s

It says exactly what I wrote, even the %s %s[whatever that means]. I rebooted in normal mode, safe mode, and Last known configuration. Is there a way t fix this, without formatting?

Thanks in advance.

You running a Compaq? Did you have the Beta version of SP2 installed? What did you install or what updates did you install before this happened?

No, I'm not running a Compaq. I have the "real" version of SP2. The updates were Journal Viewer, Frame 1.1, Windows XP security fixes, and an IE secuity fixes.

there are 2 ways u can do this
BUT...u have to have the programs

1)Partition magiceasy thing to do is partition ur drive and copy everything over you want to save

2)Nortons Ghost-pick and choose ur files and burn them to CD or DVD

heres something else u can try also

If u have a windows disc boot it up to the disc, reinstall windows WITHOUT FORMATTING
just have it replace the windows directory

this shouldn't wipe ur h/d or ne thing (IM STILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT U LOOSE :) ok?)
it shouldn't wipe ur info though

Shot in the Dark

i have another idea u can use... if u feel like having some fun :)
put ur hard drive on another computer as slave, access your files. now go to ur system 32 folder...and try to put the file you are missing or is not there.. there.. lol
just google the file name and u can d/l, copy it to a disk put the disk in the cd drive/floppy a drive and maybe copy it from tehre to ur inslaved hard drive im not sure that will work.... thats why i made it a new post :( sorry for the double post but i wanted to make sure u knew im just taking a shot in the dark with that one

Why do people hate double posts, I don't. lol. Blitze the last one might work, but I don't have another PC. I have 2 partitions. I'm using Windows 98 now [it's hell]. lol. I might be able to fix it via using PC Recue 2.0 and Registry Mechanic. BUT, there is a problem. I don't see my XP partiton in "my Computer". I can see my 98 partition in WInXP. Is there a way so I can access WinXP via 98? Could it be that 98 can't read NFTS partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom