windows xp corporate - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123
Unhappy windows xp corporate

does the windows xp pro corporate edition sp2 act just like professional? What are the main differences...

Windows XP Pro doesnt need activation, so whats the difference with the corporate edition...

What i am wondering is...

does the corporate edition of windows xp act just like xp pro, with the user accounts and stuff...

Old 11-08-2005, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

i was thinking of installing xp pro corporate edition over xp home and keeping files and settings, i just want the corporate edition to act just like home edition would...

Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

They don't make corporate anymore...... Just upgrade to Pro or stay with your current setup.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 11-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

this is a burned cd of the windows xp pro corporate edition sp2

my friend got it off bittorrent
Old 11-08-2005, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Then it's simple don't use it because it will not work. The very moment you install it the CD key for all corporate versions will be sent to MS and regardless weither it's ligit or not they lock you out of windows that is how I have come to understand it.

MS cancelled corp a long time ago and will not allow others to use it. Just get pro.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 11-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

ok, i'll try to "find" it, but all that shows up is 64-bit edition...sigh....
Old 11-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

what they mean by corporate is it uses a corporate serial which can be used as many times as needed because when you work in a corporate environment, you always wipe an install out and instead of calling MS every 3rd time you do this, you just use the corporate serial. I download XP and i got my a corp serial and have used ever since it came out and I have put it on many machines andit has never been black listed like what everyone else always says
Old 11-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Quote:
Originally posted by Warez Monster
what they mean by corporate is it uses a corporate serial which can be used as many times as needed because when you work in a corporate environment, you always wipe an install out and instead of calling MS every 3rd time you do this, you just use the corporate serial. I download XP and i got my a corp serial and have used ever since it came out and I have put it on many machines andit has never been black listed like what everyone else always says
Volume License is what I am referring too. Couldnt think of it before
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

have you ever went to MS home page or MS update?

both "finding" and "corp editions" are very shady just go ligit.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I tried XP Pro Corp on my laptop for a week or two...it worked just fine. MS Update worked fine; validated the key fine, etc. Then I uninstalled it for Linux does more than what I need on the laptop (all but gaming--laptop can't handle it anyway)... and my desktop...WinXP was a present from a friend, and I assume it's legit being that it's not corporate...

All fun stuff.