Windows XP control panel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanD

Beta member
Ok I just finished building my new pc and installed windows and did most of the updates from microsoft, but know when i got to the control panel and click on add/remove programs nothing happens. No window comes up with the programs. Also when going to system there is no device tab to look at the device manager. I tried to type the run command for it and it said that it could not be found. Please help this is getting frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Run a repair from your OS disc. Must boot off of it and select repair on current windows installation. Tell us if it works.

Did you connect the computer to the internet, without any firewalls or virus protection? That could be the cause of your problems.

I would post a Hijackthis Log in the Virus section of this forum, first, and see what advice you get from the people that can properly read the logs.

Well booting into the repair consel worked but now I have another small problem. I have run most of the updates from windows, save a few and am trying to install daemon tools 4.0 and i get an error message every time it comes to the sptd setup part of the install and gives me the error system file error. I have tried to redownload the file again and get the same error. Kinda running out of ideas.

Thanks for the previous posts they have helped greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom