Windows xp cluster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissanspecv04

In Runtime
Ok this may be too advanced for me and most likely asked before so if so just give me a link to where I can get the answers. I have 4 computers in my room all running windows xp. They are as follows:

800 Mhz P3 with 512mb ram
800 Mhz Celelron with 256 ram
750 mhz athlon with 256 ram
300 mhz celeron with 128 ram

Now I dont use all the comps at once and I really dont like using remote admin to go through all of them. I want to combine all the computers as one. So if I run a text editor or movie editor for example I would like the process to run on more then one comp if possible. If not then at least move the load to another processor so the computer im using doesnt lag. Ive tried a lot of programs to log into the other computers but thats not what I need. I need them all to run as one. If I have to change the OS for this to work then not a problem a have a lot of windows copys here(legally purchased) and I dont mind losing what info I have if I have to give it up.

Any help with be greatly appreciated. Thanx

umm, sounds like your trying to setup a super computer. Do a google for super computer, also look up pooled resources and grid computing let us know if this is what you are talking about. However, if your talking about sharing network vpn than you're talking about load balancing (also known as round robin). This pretty much clusters multiple pc's into one web server. Now if just sharing work loads then look up distributed systems.

sounds like a Beowolf... with windows...
thanks for the link Lazerman!! i may be able to use this later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom