Windows xp, certain updates fail to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Basically im using my old celeron pc at the moment while my AMD rig is offline and to cut a long story short i screwed up the HDD on the old pc which meant i had to use the recovery cd's to reset the windows install to how it left the factory..............5-6 years ago :eek: so obviously service pack one was installed so i had to install like 160updates altogether not including service pack 2, but anyway after installing service pack 2 and restarting i checked for updates one last time and it came up with 2-3 but they just wont install, ive tried rebooting the pc loads of times, tried booting into safe mode with networking but my modem didnt work in that mode for some reason so i couldnt try that.

Anyway heres which ones wont install
screenie.jpg

im fairly confident that by not installing the above wont cause me any problems its just the fact that i keep getting prompted that theres updates and if i turn updates off i get that other message saying my pc might be at risk so i cant win really! i just want these installed

So there is a way of dealing with this, thank god for that! lol
I dont know why ive got errors though ive never had this before

I used ccleaner to do that and the updates still wont install, i tried rebooting aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom