WIndows XP booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redvers

Baseband Member
Hi,

Helping a friend with their pc. When he turns it on it gets to the Windows XP Home Edition screen and then suddenly reboots. There is a flash of blue screen but it is too quick to see the error. Have tried all booting options from Safe to Last Config that worked. Have tried Repairing with Windows XP disk but when I select the option for recovery console the C promt appears and the only advice is that if I want to quit then I should type EXIT. I typed DIR and after displaying the text "Directory of C:\" I get the message "An error occured during directory enumeration."

I thought it may be a RAM failure but when I tried putting different RAM in there was no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Red

So it crashes in recovery console? sounds hardware related, try taking out your HDD and putting a new one in and try to install windows on it and see what happens.

Tried putting another HDD in and could not get past the initial boot screen. Option comes up to enter Setup but keyboard does not respond. It freezes on this screen. Going to suggest a new pc for my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom