windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
martinez said:
i am thinking of purchasing windows xp for my laptop but can i use the same package to put onto my pc as well or do i need to purchase a second windows xp package(not sure if you can use the same package with the same serial number or not thanks

It's often surprising how much these kinds of things lay in the mist.

Martinez, you'll need to read the EULA. Some installation licenses allow for it, some don't.

A standard non-OEM version of Windows XP allows for one PC installation and one secondary installation (implied as a laptop, but I don't know the exact restriction). OEM licenses are much more restricted.

The EULA tells you everything. And, if you're still not sure, call Microsoft. It's not that big of a deal.

hey i posted a thread earlier last week regarding the same topic but now after my move to my new apartment i lost all my backup software for my old computer(which is fried) so i need a new cd for windows xp home. if anyone has a iso or any image file that whould really hep me out in my new build. take my word for it i HAVE posted a thread and i HAVE talked it over. not interested in a pirating endevour at all. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom