Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

errcks

Beta member
I decided to reinstall my Windows Xp Pro on my Desktop, and everytime I do it freezes when trying to boot into windows, right after the Winows Xp Pro Loading Screen, it Goes blank and hangs, sometimes hard drive keeps spinning. The couple of times I have succesfully gotten into XP normally it would not recognize some of my Motherboard's hardware. I have logged into XP under safe mode and I load all my drivers and then when I restart it still hangs on normal mode. After loading my Video Card Drivers it hangs in safe mode. I have formated both of my hard drives and tried loading Xp on both neither one makes a difference, which tells me it isnt my Hard Drives. Or is it? Would it be my mother board??? I received it from a friend who says he had no problems with the mobo. Also I loaded Win 98 SE, it works fine except it will never go above 16 colors. And doesnt recognize my on baord sound chip???? Please Help.. I have a laptop and an external case if I need to do a virus scan or load some other programs on the hard drives. Thanks much for your help. Oh yeah I also have flashed my bios to the current version.

I've done that, especially after flashing my bios to the current version. Still having problems. Thanks for the input though, I will try again when I get home.

Well, it's not a virus issue. We can exclude that possiblity. It might be an issue with the format that the drive is written in (just a possiblity, I mean, it's windows, any problem is possible). Make sure that your bios settings are correct, and make sure that the jumpers on in good working configuration. Reset your BIOS, and try again, just be patient, computers require that...

I have been very patient with this pc, I have done just about everything you guys are telling me now, I've formatted a few times in dos and win 98se, all of my bios setting are correct to the best of my knowledge. I will be trying to reformat using my laptop this weekend under win xp home. I have been patiently reloading windows xp and or 98 se for five days now. Thats why I think it is a hard drive or motherboard problem. I will also try to load xp home on it this weekend and see if that makes a difference. Again thanks for all of your help and time. if anyone posting lives near me and wants to help me figure this out just email me. errcks@charter.net

Reloaded windows xp home, works fine, but I think my 60 gig drive has booting issues, windows will load off of the 10 gig but not my 60 gig, so i'm using the 10 GB for system files, and the 60 for data, its working so far. I plan on upgrading mobo and hard drives soon anyways, if they die, itll give me more reason to spend the money. Thanks to all for helping me out on this situation.

Well, its not a brand new Mobo, but it is a POS PCCHIPS mobo, I am having more issues now, it wont even boot, I'll just buy a new gigabyte mobo and a 120 gb hard drive, cure all my problems with one stone. Again thanks all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom