Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martur

Beta member
Hello,

I have recently bought a modem for my computer. My neighbour went to the computer
shop down the road to buy it for me - I got a real bargain at £99.99 ; especially as it's a really fast one -
14 killobits a second.

I am having problems installing Windows XP Home. I just bought it from PC World for £79.99 . I have heard
that I might need to purchase a CD Rom drive. I know ROM is inside the CPU but I don't know what on earth
a 'CD' is.

I know computers are moving on quickly but I noticed how antique computers cost more, so I guessed the must
be better and asked my neighbour to buy it for me - this was about a year ago now. It made made in 1986 -
that's the same year as my last Grandson was born! Funny how that happens. I can probably dig out a picture of him.

It had a new hard disk fitted by my neighbor the other week - twenty mega somethings I think.

My Grandson has included the following technical information to help me with this post (thanks son):

Name: Amstrad
Processor: Intel 8086 (8MHz)
RAM: 640KB
ROM: 16Kb
Monitor: Amstrad EGA Colour
Drives: 5.25" floppy drive
30MB ST506 hard drive
Secondary 200MB Maxtor 1600 RPM

Haha, look at the requirements on the cd and you will see that there is no possible way that you will be able to install windows xp. Sorry dude, you just wasted 79 pounds.

yeah, it's a funny joke, almost 200 USD for a dial up modem!

To compare: I just bought a wireless router and a PCI card by D-link and the total was only 40 bucks! Also, my dial up modem that isn't even hooked up cost me a good 9 dollars USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom