windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i can see i am not going to get anymore help here as you's dont think i have a genuine xp disc ,but i have and thats all i can say, thank you all for your help anyway,and i do mean that.

ok i can see i am not going to get anymore help here as you's dont think i have a genuine xp disc ,but i have and thats all i can say, thank you all for your help anyway,and i do mean that.

You are still misunderstanding, these guys are saying that EVEN THOUGH you have a legitimate copy of XP, the Terms Of Agreement created by Microsoft prohibit you from installing that particular copy on another machine ONCE it has been installed on a previous machine. You would have to buy another license.

You are still misunderstanding, these guys are saying that EVEN THOUGH you have a legitimate copy of XP, the Terms Of Agreement created by Microsoft prohibit you from installing that particular copy on another machine ONCE it has been installed on a previous machine. You would have to buy another license.

That is exactly what i am saying. Windows only allows for you to install its Operating System a certain number of times. You most certainly can not use the same serials on 2 machines at once.

You say it is isntalled on a desktop already and now you are trying to use that same disk to isntall on your laptop. That violates the EULA and TOS of Windows. To further my point the very page from Microsoft which says it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/eula/home.mspx

1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Software on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation Computer"). The Software may not be used by more than one processor at any one time on any single Workstation Computer.

So while you may have a legit copy, you can not run it on more than 1 PC at any time. You have it installed already. You can not use it again. That is illegal and we can not help you do that. But it can be transferred, ONLY if you remove it from the desktop first to install to the laptop. In addition to that it must be a Retail copy as a OEM copy can NOT be transferred.

We are starting the legal facts and going by our rules and the rules laid out by Microsoft. Having a Legit Disk is only half of the battle. Sorry that you feel you wont get help. But we are only trying to keep you legal and follow the rules of the site.

Case Closed.

oh i see i am off to amazon or ebay ,but in the meantime is this Install Windows XP on Your Pre-Installed Windows Vista Computer :: the How-To Geek the correct way to do it,thanks for the heads up i thought once you had bought it you could install it on any machine you owned,seems pretty unfair that, thats what i call a monopoly shouldn't be allowed thanks oldskool,no wonder he is a billionaire and yet he breaks the laws he was paying a fine of $12,000,000 a day to use something he wasn't allowed to,so my hardware teacher told me,one rule for him and another for the rest,he is not a fair guy at all.

Sorry Bill Gates is no longer part of Windows or Microsoft. He is a part time Worker and his Legal Team he hired helped to write up the EULA. It was not Gates who did it. So to blame a single man for this is silly. Gates did not due it to get more money. If you think that try to read the EULA of OS X sometime and see how bad it can be to not even be allowed to run the OS on anything but certain branded hardware. Be glad you got Windows.

Install XP. Insert Disk, follow prompts. Make sure you have the appropriate drivers from Dell FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No sense in trying to install XP on a system if you dont have driver support. XP Doesnt recognize SATA Drives. Better make sure you know about that first. Better make sure you have the ethernet. Better make sure you have the onboard video. Check NOW. Not later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom