Windows XP----2 Drives disappear from My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
Hey fellas....
Strange thing for me occurred. I had problems w/ BF2 game so I uninstalled it. I went to reinstall and clicked My CPU.....
I saw my C drive....My D drive and my DVD drive did not show up...?
I never changed anything...just BF2. The Device Manager says they are still there and working fine. Where did they go then? I can't install anything via DVD drive cause it does not show up. I tried putting a cd in and choosing a program to run it....but it doesn't find the drive....
any advice?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

Method 1: Remove the registry entry
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Note If you had installed multiple CD-writing software products on your computer, you need to uninstall the software products before you remove the registry keys.1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

thanks Warez. I opted to back some data up and reformat. I still have everything on the drive that went missing. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom