windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitopons

Solid State Member
sup...have issues with my windows XP media center edition.....when I boot my pC the computer will go pitch black after the windows media center logo and no further response activates forcing me to restart system...then I tried running safe mode f8 and that will also come to a stop right at the beginning of process and give me the following message: "the system is not fully installed. Please run set up again." WTF
any clues appreciated

IT is saying that Windows is corrupted. Try last known good config, a repair install with the MCE CD or reinstall windows.

I mean that Windows is gone. The error saying that the system is not fully installed says that Windows can not boot cause it is not detected anymore. Ther was a change to some of the critical system files that allows windows to boot and work correctly.

Since you at elast get thru most of the boot jsut dont get to a desktop that tells me that it is something with the install. Last known good config might fix it. Since that will restore your PC to a state where Windows last booted fully and correctly. If ont a repair install will replace the Widnows files. Not your personal files.

If that still dont work you will have to reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom