Windows won't load my CD on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcemaster

Solid State Member
Allright, been having this problem for quite some time now.

I want to format my computer since it's going a bit slow & stuff, and it's been a year, so it's cluttered up with useless stuff... I backed up all my files on my second HD, and I wanted to format my computer, but it doesn't load the CD on bootup.

Things I have tried:

• Get a new windows CD from the store I bought my computer from
  • Checked my BIOS and thrown around the boot order a few times, no success
  • Connect my CD drive instead of my CDRW drive and did number 2 again, no success
  • Tried calling them, they suggested some stuff, no success
  • Try to FORCE it by only putting my CD drive in the boot list in my BIOS, no sucess
  • Use a bootdisk, but it always said "invalid drive specified" when I tried going into my disk drive (both CD and DVD)

Anyone got an idea why it doesn't want to work? I don't feel like bringing it to the store and having to pay 40$ for a format while I can do it myself (did it before)

Thanks!

Make sure that when you have the CD booting before everything else, that you press any key when it tells you to. It should say something around the lines of "To boot from CD, press any key"... Hope that helps :).

I knew that, but it doesn't give me any message like that =)

CD aint the problem either, it works on my sis' computer.

Warez Monster said:
when you go into my computer, do you see the cd drive?

Yup, I see my CD drive, except it's labeled as DVD drive :|

DVD drive doesn't show up though, I guess I messed up on it's jumper or whatever.

Try this

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom