windows won't load! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
Windows won't load.

For a reason unknown, my computer froze upon the "loading windows xp" screen. since then, it won't load.

I can load it via safe mode, but even after restoring and/or choosing "last known good config." it still won't load.

the same exact thing happened 2 or 3 days ago and i ended up reinstalling windows. this all started when i installed a new motherboard.

i thought it was my wireless usb keyboard that was causing a conflict of some sort because it wouldn't work on boot-up sometimes and the boot-up would freeze. so i plugged in a regular ps/2 keyboard and now windows is f*cked again.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Well, adding "help" to your title helps people know that something's wrong :p

9 times out of 10, Windows loads slow due to spyware.

no, you misunderstood me. it won't load. period.

there's no spyware, i just reformatted a couple days ago and haven't even plugged in the internet adaptor yet

open the computer though the Safemode and try to go to Start - Run - type Msconfig - go to Startup tap and click on Disable all and then click on apply and then close and it will ask you to restart the computer - so restart and see what will happen

if it did not work you may try to do System Restore and restore the computer for few days via Safemode

good luck

Maybe you have a bad motherboard?

When installing a new motherboard you only have two options with Windows XP. Repair it or reinstall it. Looks like you already have reinstalled it so it should work. I'm willing to bet something is wrong with the mobo.

well i tried everything that was mentioned, and it still didn't boot. something must have gotten corrupted somehow. i guess ill reinstall again and hope 3rd time's a charm

NOW WHAT!?!?!

I reinstalled windows. got everything back up to date. downloaded the newest version of the bios and updated it.,

now the computer won't start. it turns on but (since the speaker isn't plugged in) clicks twice over and over. NOTHING.

what the **** happened and how do i fix it? i tried resetting cmos, but to no avail.

HELP!

Are you sure the BIOS updated correctly? I ran into the same situation with the previous mobo I was using. Basically the flash utility sucked and said there was an error and I didn't know what to do. BIOS was screwed, had to order a new one.

Can you even get the BIOS screen to show up? If not, the BIOS update probably failed and you will have to replace your BIOS. They don't cost very much to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom