Windows won't let me delete a 700 meg file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, more than likely he still had the p2p software running and someone was trying to download from him parts of that file. One thing about p2p, you dont download the ENTIRE program from one person, but parts from multiple people. Someone may of been trying to get the same program, and you had a part of it that he needed and was downloading it from you. Of course, when that happens you have a share violation and you cant delete it. More than likely when wolf told you to end apps, you ended Kazaa, edonkey or whatever p2p u have thus cutting off the download that was going on allowing you to delete it because there was no longer a share going on.

sorry, not download but upload :) if that ever happens open your p2p program and check out the uploads... bet you'll see it in there. ESPECIALLY if it is something YOU were attempting to download since its in the shared folder for that p2p program.

Don't think that's the problem (about the P2P still using it)

I had a similar problem cept I was copying a copy of the Matrix I had just ripped onto my laptop, half way through, the xover cable came out and I ran out of time.

However, it had ghosted the file, so even though only about 700MB had been copied, it came as 1.4 GB and it wouldn't delete. Then i coped it to another comp and it wouldn't delete there either.

Safemode with Command Prompt kills i though =P

Ya I had checked my Kazaa for the upload and it wasn't going...dunno why the bastard wouldn't delete in Windows.

Anyhoo, Lone Wolf- I deleted it in the DOS prompt. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

I'll try not to be as ignorant as blackcomb, but...

You really should avoid downloading software from Kazaa. It's got way too many security holes, peices of spy crap, and "bad" programs, to risk it.

Oh no, I guess I am a lamer.

Shoot.

Sorry I'm not as with it as you are...fuggin' weiner...

Anyway...ShoobieRat- what do you suggest I use instead of Kazaa?

Powley,

I use Kazaa Lite which is pretty much the same thing minus all the spyware crap. Do a google search on Kazaa Lite, you'll get many hits.

If I want to download software, I usually try something a bit less mainstream. Usually, though, I do much of my downloading through WinMX from known servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom