Windows Wont Access Any CDs/DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
Whenever I open My Computer and try to access any cd or dvd (burned or pressed; doesnt matter) it errors out with this:

disk2ha.png

If I right-click the dvd and go to properties, it says the format is 'RAW'. But, if I go into the Device Manager and into the properties of the DVDrom and hit Populate, it gives the correct information about the cd/dvd.

If I try and read the cd/dvd in Vista, it works perfectly. If I use a program like UltraISO to rip the cd/dvd to an image, I can then extract the files and access what was on the cd/dvd. What can I do to make this work again?

In XP go to the Device Manager and remove the devices. Then restart the PC. See if re-installing the drivers will help.

Have you checked the Manufactorer's website for updated drivers/firmware? Are the drives Region encoded?

The drive has the newest firmware on it, and it is set to Region 1, which is what it should be. Im only asking because I think the problem is within windows itself. I can access cds/dvds from Vista on the exact same computer just fine, aswell as ripping from the drive. It is only XP that wont let me see whats on the volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom