windows will not recognize 1394
I have a video camera that I connect via 1394 to my windows xp computer. I used a couple days ago and it worked fine.
Today I went to plug it in, and windows will not recognize that theres a device.
Here is what I have done so far:
1. everything is fine in device manager.
2. windows firewall disabled.
3. tried a different camera and different cable on trouble computer, still doesn't work.
4. tried the other 1394 port, doesn't work
5. tried both cameras and cables on another computer and both works.
6. reinstalled 1394 drivers
I read on ms support that if the 1394 has a hash collision with another device, it will not auto-detect. To my knowledge I have no other 1394 devices attached.
I have spent several hours trying to trouble shoot this bug with no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.