Windows Welcome Screen Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifreak3

In Runtime
So I came back to my computer yesterday evening after being gone for a few hours and the monitor was off like it always is when I leave it for that long. I proceeded to jiggle the mouse and the monitor came on like always, but instead of just displaying whatever was on the screen when I left it (probably just the desktop), it wanted me to click my name to basically "log me back in" to windows.

Also, the same screen now appears when I boot my computer. I haven't changed any settings recently, the only thing I did was install a new printer. However, this problem did seem to coincide with the installation of the printer. I am basically the only one who uses this machine and just want it to go back to the way it was a few days ago. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I am the only user that you can click on when this screen appears, and my user account is set as the administrator.

Yea, the box was chekced that said on resume, password protect. How that became checked, I don't know, but I have unchecked it and that screen does not appear anymore after I come back to my computer after a few hours.

However, the welcome screen still shows up when I turn on my computer and I have to click my name to actually log in to windows. How do I make it so that this screen DOES NOT appear anymore and when I turn on my computer it goes straight to the desktop?

mmm.. if you don't set any password, it'll just come on automatically.. though i don't know how to actually set it so that when you change ur password to none, it'll come on..

Yes I never set a password, and I have never had to actually click my name for it to log into windows, it just changed overnight somehow.

Go to 'control pane'l, click 'user accounts', click 'change the way users log on or off', uncheck 'use the welcome screen'

I unchecked the use welcome screen box and restarted, but now it still wants me to click ok. My name appears in the user box and the password box is blank. If I click ok it logs me into windows normall as the administrator, but I don't want to have to click anything at all, I just want it to log me right into windows like it always has before.

There are 3 user accounts on my system:

Scott (me) - Computer Administrator
Guest - Guess account if oss
ASP.NET Machine A... - Limited account/Password protected

Is it really ok to delete the ASP.NET Machine A... account? I never created it so I want to be sure I can safely delete it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom