Originally posted by kold_fusion
hey there. how are all of my fellow forum masters doing. well, I wanted to ask you a question about the gaming scene on XP. here are a few points that I would LOVE to be cleared up if someone could do that in some form of detail.
1. if you have Windows XP games, are they automatically compatible with VISTA? or do you have to download some kind of PATCH for all XP games that you want to run on VISTA etc?
2.in windows XP vs. Vista, is there any difference whatsoever on the gaming platform? how stable is it to be? did they up the scene for PC gaming or what exactly happened here?
3. what will be the retail price for windows vista?
4. is it true that you need in excess of 20GB of space for this OS?
5. What is the Exact size of the complete OS after a fresh and complete install?
thanks for taking your time and checking out my post. and thanks for the insight!
Okay since i run Vista full time maybe i can help out.
1. Games do run on Vista just as they would on XP. I personally run Doom3, PainKiller, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Halo and UT2004. Some games do pose a problem. Steam based games dont run so well just yet. I have had some conflicts with BF2. Other than that games run jsut fine.
2. Vista Vs. XP for gaming cant really be compared. Vista will tout DX10 which XP will never have. Vista requires higher Video Card specs and therefor give you more of a advanteage on the Video front. So this question really cant be answered until Vista Specific games are released and you can fully test a XP Vs. Vista game.
3. Vista will range anywhere from $100-$400 depending on which version you wish to acquire.
4. Yes Vista does ask for you to have 20GB of free space for a nice clean install.
5. Exact size does vary depending on which Version you install. I personally run Vista Ultimate which can be up to 8GB after install. I cant give the exact size since i dont quite remember and i always install apps right away.