windows vista ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupert007

Baseband Member
Hello again,
I have just bought a brand new computer and windows vista ultimate with service pack 1 to be installed. I have started up the computer and attempted to load the CD with no luck? I keep going round in a cycle were the screen will say to reboot the computer and select a correct booting system or insert a boot CD media device. So far I have gone to the main menu and selected CD/DVD as the number 1 boot option, then selected to start using default boot options in the boot menu and I always end up in the same place. Can you help me load my new operating system please ! :cool:

Are you sure the DVD/CD drive is connected to the motherboard, and that the power to it is plugged in? Unless it's a pre-built in which case those are likely fine.

Do you have any other bootable discs (for example other OSs) you can try using to see if the Vista Ultimate disc is the issue?

Are you sure you have the BIOS set to boot from the CD/DVD Drive. Sounds like the problem to me.

Are you sure you have the BIOS set to boot from the CD/DVD Drive. Sounds like the problem to me.

He said he tried that; or at least I think he did, I believe he called the BIOS the 'main menu':
"So far I have gone to the main menu and selected CD/DVD as the number 1 boot option"

Alright odd thing to call it....

Where did you get your Vista Ultimate?

Are you sure the DVD/CD drive is connected to the motherboard, and that the power to it is plugged in? Unless it's a pre-built in which case those are likely fine.?

Yeah I would have to agree check your drive to see if the power plug as come out. I have acutally seen a few come straight out of the box that I had to re plug the drive back in. They were mostly gateway dektop computers though. Also check in the bios settings to see if it finds your drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom