Windows Vista. Too many versions + too much confusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are really simple to figure out which is best for you. It is either Home Premium, Business, or if you are a real geek Ultimate. Simple.

Ultimate is basically if you can't make up your mind, and want EVERYTHING.

I chose Home Premium because that's what I use Vista at...

Home Premium is the best unless you run Vista on a large network and then Business would be your best option since it has the most networking options.

I have Home Premium myself and it is the best. Ultimate would be nice but i didnt have a need for all the bells and whistles.

Makaveli213 said:
Home Premium is the best unless you run Vista on a large network and then Business would be your best option since it has the most networking options.

I have Home Premium myself and it is the best. Ultimate would be nice but i didnt have a need for all the bells and whistles.

I agree. Media Centre is basically the only difference between Ultimate and the others...and I don't need it.

talldude123 said:
I agree. Media Centre is basically the only difference between Ultimate and the others...and I don't need it.
Media Center is in Home Premium. Ultimate basically has the Ultimate Extras. Plus the combo of Home Premium and Business. so it has all the networking and all the goodies.

Run down:

Vista Basic: Nothing.Email, web browsing and photo viewing.

Vista Home Premium: Aero, Flip3D, Windows Mobility Center, Tablet Support, Windows Meeting Spaces, Media Center, and connect to the 360.

Business: Aero, Mobility, Tablet, Meeting Spaces, Business Backup features, Better networking and Remote Desktop for easier connectivity.

Ultimate: all of above along with the Ultimate Extras and BitLocker Drive Encryption.

Is Business more streamlined and less clogged with useless extras than the other versions, like XP Pro was compared Home and Media Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom