Windows vista suddently gone ssllooww!

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Yesterday, I was playing minecraft on my computer and hardly did anything else on my laptop. Today however, when vista loaded up the desktop and it was hardly
responsive, while it was unresponsive I opened chrome and then BAM, everything
went slow! After I closed chrome, I waited a bit and opened minecraft again and
this time it was lagging (even I tried it again with gamebooster!). I checked my
cpu meter and was showing the same typical results I see everyday! I got rid of some startup apps but I haven't restarted yet. How can I speed it up?:annoyed:

check memory levels.
run malwarebytes
run super antispyware
use microsoft autoruns to find other startup and integration configs
create a new user and login

are you sure about deleting my user? I don't wanna delete some of my programs!

He didn't say delete your user - he just said create a new profile to see if you're having a user profile issue.

And, deleting a profile doesn't delete programs - it will remove files under the user's directory though (such as My Documents, Music, Pictures, Desktop, etc.).

How many add-ons do you have running for Chrome? How many tabs? What was the memory usage? Did you just try rebooting to see if the problem went away that way?

Yes, I just rebooted but, I only have the adblock and google docs extension.

I gave myself a new signature, thats a laptop on the left and my specs on the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well how much RAM was Chrome taking? How many tabs did you have? Did you try running malware scans like Office Politics suggested?

Back
Top Bottom