Windows Vista SP2 Beta 2 Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Windows Vista SP2 Beta 2 Download

If you want to keep up with the latest beta releases of Windows Vista Service Pack 2 you might like the following. Our reader Kevin send us the new Registry keys that are needed to download the beta 2 release of the Windows Vista Service Pack 2. Yes, it is still a beta release and yes, it should be only installed on test systems and not work environments. Still, if you want to have the latest you need to do the following.
First make sure that the first beta of the Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is completely uninstalled from the computer system as the new beta cannot be installed over the old one. Once the first beta of Windows Vista Service Pack 2 has been uninstalled you can go ahead and add the following Registry keys to the Windows Registry: The easiest way to do this is to copy and paste both lines into a new text documents and rename it so that the extension changes from txt to reg.
reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\VistaSP2 /f
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\VistaSP2 /v Beta2 /t REG_SZ /d DCA54ECC-362A-4B4D-B62B-22780E839A7E /f
A double-click will execute the file and add both lines to the Windows Registry. You can try and check Windows Update right away to see if Beta 2 shows up. It might take some time and you might need to reboot the computer after applying the Registry patches before you can see the new beta release.

I am. But i am in the Beta. I have had it on for a while now. Since they released the build. Just checked and i have had SP2 installed since Nov 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom