Windows Vista SP1 RTM is already on testers machines!, Build 18000

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
By now many of you may have seen reports of Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 in the wild. For a while, it was merely speculation (and several good hints) towards Release Candidate Refresh 2 (RCR2) being the Release to Manufacturer (RTM) build. There has been a 'registry hack' going around for a few days now to enable the option to download SP1 via Windows Update. This 'hack' is actually straight from Microsoft, which was given to beta testers on Connect January 23rd.

Jeff DaVos (a Windows Vista SP1 beta program leader) has said on the Connect news group that this is indeed the same release being used for RTM, and that:

"Windows Vista SP1 build 18000 is indeed the RTM build. We were hoping build 18000 we released to you (WU only) was the final build and as it happens we didn't have to break the glass, the build didn't change at all from the time we released it to you and our final sign-off on Monday morning this week. What you got is what we're all running our Vista machines here internally -
we definitely RTM'd "

Note: Well im pretty gutted we were not told this sooner. But People on RC1 Refresh 2, welcome to RTM .

Vista SP1 Testers enjoy the iso lol!

Source: Adapted from Neowin.Net | The Tech Area

aww I wanted a DL :( /sad face but I want the real thing before my build is done

There is no download unless you have SP1 refresh build 2. That is the final build anyways. Good thing i saved my Registry entries for it...

As per the topic i posted last week the official release date is March. It will be included in WU then as they have the Pre-requisites that they are pushing out this month so that you just download SP1 next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom