Windows Vista SP1 Refresh 2 is Vista SP1 RTM - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Windows Vista SP1 Refresh 2 is Vista SP1 RTM

Microsoft released the RTM version of the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 to manufacturers throughout the country about eight days ago and claimed that end users would have to wait until March before they would be able to download the long awaited Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista from the Microsoft servers. The reason for the delay were some bugs in some drivers that would be problematic for users without a technical background.
Well now there is a post on Windows Vista News by Mike Nash who clearly states that Windows Vista SP1 is indeed final and that Microsoft has no plans of changing the Service Pack 1 code prior to going public. The question that comes immediately to my mind is why the **** do they release the service pack 1 in March if it already is final ? Why are they claiming that some bugs have delayed the release of it when there clearly will be no changes prior to the public availability ?
The current release schedule for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 according to Mr. Nash will see a release later this week for Volume Licensing Partners and later this month to MSDN and TechNet Plus subscribers. I always had the impression that the latter were technical inclined enough to cope with possible driver issues. Maybe I’m wrong.

Windows Vista SP1 Refresh 2 is Vista SP1 RTM :

Old 02-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Windows Vista SP1 Refresh 2 is Vista SP1 RTM

Windows Vista SP1 RTM is already on testers machines!, Build 18000

I posted this back on the 7th.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread