Windows Vista SP1 breaks applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft released a list of applications that will either stop working completely or work with reduced functionality after installing Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Among the applications that are blocked from starting after installing Windows Vista SP1 are Zone Alarm Security Suite and Trend Micro Internet Security.
The list at the Microsoft website contains only twelve applications but the count could be a lot higher considering that there is not a possibility that all known applications have been tested.
Microsoft asks users who encounter problems to try a restart first and see if that fixes the problem. If it does not it asks the users to update the application so that it will work without difficulties in Windows Vista SP1.

Windows Vista SP1 breaks applications

wow, mostly anti-virus and firewalls.
maybe sp1 adds that much more security it doesn't need those things to run...

*slaps self*

Honestly with the added security of UAC i have yet to isntall a firewall on Vista. I have Virus protection but with my router with built in firewall there has not yet been a reason to isntall a firewall with Vista as it does the job just fine.

I agree with that I don't even need a third party firewall with windows XP. With my router and windows firewall I've had no problems. I quit using them at least 1 to 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom