Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Delayed?

Rumors from unconfirmed sources claim that Windows Vista Service Pack 2 will be delayed by a month. I'm not sure how it can be “delayed” when no release has been given by Microsoft but who knows. Anyhow, I think getting it done right is more important that getting it done fast, don't you?

News site TechArp is reporting an unnamed but reliable source has revealed the final release candidate of Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is scheduled for release in March, 2009. The finalized code will then be made available to hardware manufacturers and OEMs sometime during Q2 2009.

I wonder if this is actually going to fix or speed up anything. I remember when SP2 for XP came out and it was horrendous. Basically stuffing Longhorn into a service pack was a big no no.

I just hope Microsoft breaks the pattern.

It's definately more important to wait, i found a huge improvement when i installed sp1, so hopefully we'll have another performance boost :)

I don't think they will make a mistake such as the xp sp2 mistake, then again, at that time XP was already aged and had some rather new tech, things haven't really changed nearly as much between vista sp1 and sp2 like what happened during xp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom