Windows Vista RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deelow02

Solid State Member
Ok so here's the question: I have Windows Vista (32bit) home premium. I have a XPS 420, with an Intel Dual core (2.33ghz) processor, and 2 gigs of RAM, why would my system bog down? Any ideas what I can do to improve my system performance? I suspect I need an extra gig of RAM. Thanks any suggestions are welcome!

During browsing, my laptop (Dell Insprion 1501 with AMD 64, 1 gig ram and same vista) was 3x as fast! lol I just don't understand why it takes so much longer to load a webpage-

Spyware. Head to the Virs section and go thru Osiris's Guide.

Ok thanks for the suggestion, I'll run it tonight when I get home, the only other thing I can tell you is Last night was the first time I ever turned on the Desktop thats having the issue, I just ordered it from Dell the other day. So with that being said, you think I got a virus that fast?? Thanks again

Dells and most prebuilt machines are really bad about putting tons of useless crap on them from the factory. I would suggest uninstalling anything you dont need, then get to know msconfig and disable anything in the startup section that you dont need running.

I basically have trillian, mouse/keyboard software and antivirus on, everything else is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom