windows vista problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
k umm
managejm7.jpg

everything looks good

You need to find out how to boot into the K Partition. That is the Recovery Partition that you need to use to restore your PC to factory settings with Vista.

I am not sure how you will most likely have to contact Compaq. Since you cant use the F11 method.

a bunch of folders, then a windows folder with a very small system32 folder inside of it. theres a SystemRecovery.txt inside the system32 and it says Vista System Recovery on the .txt

imageshack isnt working

i tried a new keyboard and f11 still does nothing
i went into the BiOS and went boot menu and looked around couldnt find anything about booting from partitions

You need to find out how to boot into the K Partition. That is the Recovery Partition that you need to use to restore your PC to factory settings with Vista.

I am not sure how you will most likely have to contact Compaq. Since you cant use the F11 method.

I am quoting my post cause this is your best answer. Contact Compaq. There is nothing more we can do but tell you to get a Vista DVD and format and reinstall.

so theres no way you can think of of accessing the system recovery besides the boot menu?

other than that, thanks for the help and ill let you know what happens

Installing XP must have destroyed the recovery boot option.

Hopefully there's some program in the H: drive that you can run that will create a Vista install disc.

Does SystemRecovery.txt have any useful info?

This seems to be an unfortunate side effect of installing Windows XP on a computer that ships with an OEM install of Vista. Since Windows XP overwrites the Master Boot Record, the only way to go back to Vista is with recovery disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom