Windows Vista messed up my headphones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince-77

Beta member
Im not sure if this is the right forum or even the right website for this problem but I thought this might be a place to start.

A while ago I was just looking at stuff on the internet and it said it needed stereo quality headphones to work best. So I took the headphones I use for my keyboard. It is a Nady Audio headphone set and although I don't know the exact model it looks almost exactly like the QH 200. So I was doing stuff just fine on my computer but then I thought I'd go mess around with the audio settings for some reason (I think it was to see if I could get better quality). I went to control panel, then hardware and sound, and then sound. Then I clicked on speakers, and properties. I started changing stuff and eventually my computer starting glitching up. Thee sound stopped working completely on the headphones and computer so I restarted it.

Now my headphones will only play very few sounds correctly. The rest are mumbled or faded as if they are far away, or sort of like if your in a large empty room sometimes. Other sound it just refuses to play and just skips over. It also won't play from the separate left and right speakers. It will only do both at the same time. I've reset all the settings from earlier but the problem still persists. Any suggestions?

Go into the Control Panel under Sound again. There go under Change System Sounds and make sure that the files are all there and not corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom