windows vista indexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
Hi. Firstly my specs: intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz, 2gb 1066mhz ram, 8800gts 512mb, 320gb hdd, 20x DVD Writer, windows vista home premium 32bit.

My OS start up fast in less than a minute to the desktop but the HDD activity only took 5 mins later to come to idle. During the HDD activity process, application launched manually is a hog and only after the 5mins everything is completely smooth. I was thinking if it has anything to do with vista indexing feature?
I would like to have a countercheck how many of you disable the indexing option?
On top of that, is it safe or proper to disable indexing and does it yeilds any startup performance. I just cannot stand the constant HDD activity here and there.

My msconfig has been coun counterchecked by me to ensure the neccessary startup items.

Is it normal for my specs to have 60 processes and 700MB of usage after starting the pc up?

computer seems like mine...I have more ram, you have faster gpu....
what else do you have that loads up?
mines quick with avg, comodo, intel audio, and drawing pad software loading up

edit: maybe you need to run a defrag?

I have almost 70 processes running and no lag. I also have run a Defrag. Actually i have Ashampoo Magical Defrag which runs all the time. So i dont have to defrag.

You can turn of indexing. I have. I dont use the search function all that much so indexing is useless to me. I know where all my files are and dont have to search for them. If you are that way turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom