Windows Vista Home Basic locks up on install

Status
Not open for further replies.
The F6 option is right at the begining of the install. If you dont see it then you dont have a full version. Cause it is there. ;)

... How can it not be the full version?? It doesn't say upgrade anywheres on the box, doesn't say OEM or have OEM in the cdkey..... Grr... Guess I will look later...

Even OEM has it. If it doesnt say upgrade on the box then you should have either Retail or OEM. When you choose your drive look at the options carefully. You will notice the F6 option there. ;)

Ok, I will look in the morning when I have time to swap drives around and all. But you honestly think it could be motherboard or GPU drivers that are screwing with the install?

Yes. Cause you use onboard Video. Vista could have frozen when trying to install drivers for it. Also the mobo. Same thing. If it tried to install anything kind of USB drivers or something for the mobo it could have froze.

Ok, tried to load drivers, yea it will only give me an option to load drivers for a HDD controller.... no F6 option... And this is a full version of Home Basic... So I guess im just screwed.... This is the ONLY machine it refuses to load on... And it don't use onboard video, it's an older PCIe card.... I may try loading SATA drivers from the floppy once i find it again.... See if that is the issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom