Windows Vista Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoloCon

Beta member
Hello,

I am having a problem with Windows Vista. I am installing it using VMware Workstation, but I cant seem to access the internet. The system is runnig XP Pro and can connect to the internet just fine. Through VMware Workstation, (running the Vista OS) I can get a ip starting with 192.168.***.* (Get this using ipconfig) In Vista, I can also see the other 2 computers on the network. I just cant get Vista on the Net.

I can ping yahoo.com and get a responce. I get a "page not found" when using Vista. I just cant see to find the answer.

I orig had Vista installed on this computer ( same issue) but had to reinstall XP as I could not be w/o my system.

Any help or info on what I can do? Thanks for the info.

**I am running Beta 2 V5381**

anythign more about your internet connection? if you have a router, make sure that the router isn't giving out IP addresses in the 192.168.xxx.xxx range. set it to something like 10.0.1.xxx. This has the least amount of clashing...

just start with a discription of your internet to get started

Are you sure that Vista has the correct drivers for your Ethernet card? It may detect the network but it could be a limited connection that only allows for network use. Not internet use.

Since you are doing thru VMWare is doesnt really use the XP connection. Vista still needs the drivers to connect. See if you have the drivers from the Device Manager.

You are correct, I am using a router and its giving out the ip starting with 192.168.xxx.xxx. The router is also connecting 3 other computers runing XP Pro. All 3 of these computers are running just fine. My ISP is Cox.

What else would you like to know?

@ Makaveli213,

Yes, my driver is listed under Device Manager for Vista. (Remember, this system is also running XP (Vista is under VMWare) The Driver in Vista is listed exactly like its listed under XP.

Thanks for the reply. Still trying to figure this out.

I know what you mean by the driver were detected by the VIsta install that XP is using but there might be a updated version that Vista can use.

Not all drivers taht are supported by XP are supported by Vista. This has been the biggest downfall of Vista thus far. I have Tested every build since Beta 1 release in July and i still dont have correct drivers for my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.

Can't seem to find a newer driver for it. Its a Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller. From reading other boards, it is supported. Any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom