Windows Vista Discussion - Page 99 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:45 AM   #981 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Well unless they changed things with build 5308 when you install Vista and create an Account you are not considered the Administrator. You have to reboot into safe mode and give that accoutn Admin privledges. It can be bothersome at times when you only want to install Firefox or Opera. But it is also good for the other users that dont know as well not to install things.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 02-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #982 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Have fun trying to work out which one is the right one for you. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4754462.stm

Why can't their be a simple Pro version.

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Old 02-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #983 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
You are right M$ is playing catch up with IE7 but also with IE7 in Vista it will have 256Bit encryption which is far more powerful than any browser currently on the market. It will be 2x more powerful than it currently is for security against hackers.
You are kidding right?
Opera supports SSL v3.0 256bit.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #984 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Echoing the information that leaked out last week, Microsoft early Monday confirmed it will ship six different editions of Windows Vista. Two versions will be designed for businesses, three for consumers, and one for emerging markets. But will consumers welcome choice or simply be intimidated by the number of options?

As previously reported, at the bottom of the list is Windows Starter 2007, which will likely replace the current Windows XP Starter Edition SKU. This slimmed down version of Windows does not carry the Vista branding as it is designed purely as a low-cost option in specific countries.

Microsoft will offer two Home editions of Windows Vista. Home Basic will serve as the baseline SKU for single PC homes, but lacks some key features including Vista's Aero Glass user interface and integrated search technology. Customers with Basic must use a separate Search Explorer tool instead.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #985 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Windows Vista Home Basic: For consumers that want to simply use the PC to browse the Internet, correspond with friends and family over email or perform basic document creation and editing tasks, Windows Vista Home Basic will deliver a safer, more reliable and more productive computing environment.

Windows Vista Home Premium: Will help consumers utilize mobile or desktop PC functionality more effectively while enabling the enjoyment of new, exciting digital entertainment experiences – all with the benefit of added security and reliability. Windows Vista Home Premium includes everything in Windows Vista Home Basic, plus the Windows Vista Aero™ and Media Center and Tablet PC capabilities.

Windows Vista Ultimate: Windows Vista Ultimate is the edition of Windows Vista that has it all. It is the first operating system that brings together all of the consumer-oriented features available in Windows Vista Home Premium with all of the business-oriented features available in Windows Vista Business.

Two versions will cater to businesses:

Windows Vista Business: For small to medium size businesses, Windows Vista Business will help keep PCs running smoothly and securely so they are less reliant on dedicated IT support. For larger organizations, Windows Vista Business will provide dramatic new infrastructure improvements that will enable IT staff to spend less time focused on day to day maintenance of PCs and more time adding strategic value to the organization.

Windows Vista Enterprise: To better address the needs of large, global organizations and those with highly complex IT infrastructures, Windows Vista Enterprise is designed to significantly lower IT costs and risk. In addition to all of the features available in Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise is designed to provide higher levels of data protection using hardware-based encryption technology.

And one version will target particularly price-sensitive parts of the world:

Windows Vista Starter: Helps users in emerging technology countries be more successful by providing an affordable, easy to learn and use computing experience. It is compatible with latest applications and devices, and more reliable and secure because it is part of the Windows Vista family of products.

Other info
Old 02-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #986 (permalink)
Master Techie

Vista has some nice screensavers the bubbles are my favorite
this is what it looks like

500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 02-28-2006, 08:41 PM   #987 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I hate all those ******* losers who pirate software such as from microsoft they do it cause they can't ****** afford it and like i said there just losers
Old 02-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #988 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

aawwww......who hasnt?
Old 02-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #989 (permalink)
Master Techie

Oh hey btw if your talkin to me about the pirate thing that didnt come from my computer it's just a screenshot
500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 02-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #990 (permalink)
Newb Techie

...sigh....just makes me think....should i turn to pirating?.....

Closed Thread