Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A February CTP (Community Technology Preview) of Microsoft's planned Windows Vista OS will feature Windows Sidebar and Gadgets technology, for adding mini-applications such as video or audio feeds to the Windows desktop. Gadgets providing access to these applications are represented by desktop icons.

These icons are then organized on the scrollable Sidebar on the screen, Microsoft officials said at the combined Software Architecture Summit and Middleware Summit conferences on Wednesday.

Bout time we see that again also I find it laugh able that only their AV will be allowed on it does anyone remember the IE Court Cases. It will be another battle. Before I'm reminded who won that case I'll remind you of the level of profesionalism

Top= Court

So-So= Supreme Court

MS Loves/Bottom = arbitration

Well it wasnt just the IE case. It was also WMP. I know that in Europe and i think even Asia M$ can not install IE and WMP by default. SO it is going to be another battle. Even here in the states. No way all teh firewall and AV companies will allow for thier software not to be installed.

It is going to be an uphill battle the whole way for M$ with Vista. Trying to convince the general public that they need to switch along with companies. I think companies will be even harder since it costs some companies millions of $$ to do an upgrade. Not only for the hardware but also to train the people to use it.

I dont see Vista being as big as they hope. I can see how they are going to convice everyone that Vista nd Windows Defender are all anyone will need for a OS and security. Which that brings another problem that no one thinks of. Having only 1 OS and 1 AV/Firewall to hack makes it easier for hackers to find the exploits and do more damage to our systems. If the current trend keeps up i will stay with XP till they decide to allow Av and Firewall installs.

While the release of Microsoft's next-generation Windows operating system is still months away, Microsoft execs already are projecting strong sales.

Here's why they are so bullish. Microsoft executives already are counting their Vista chickens before the next-generation Windows release has hatched.

Microsoft expects 200 million new PCs to ship with Vista preloaded in the first 24 months that the operating system is available, said Michael Sievert, corporate vice president, Windows Product Management & Marketing. Comparatively, Windows 95 shipped on 67 million new PCs during its first two years of life.

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1918851,00.asp?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Right 200 million to ship i 2 years. Who is gonna be buying those PC's? Almost everybody their brother, mother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousins, and fathers all have PC for themselves all loaded with XP. Why would everyone go out and buy a new PC with Vista? They are definately not thinking straight.

i dont really care about vista only halo 2 but if microsoft does other evil things to coerce gamers to upgrade i wont be happy.

Ohh darn. I wont be able to play Halo 2? Darn. Guess i will just have to play UT2007 when it gets released later this year and it will rock over Halo2 on PC. :p Dont care. I am not into Vista for Halo 2. Never finished Halo so i dont care what they try to convince me to go to Vista with on Games. Most are still gonna be XPO sompatable that are not from M$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom