Windows Vista Discussion - Page 56 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 03:34 PM   #551 (permalink)
Master Techie

spam!!!

500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 10-20-2005, 04:43 PM   #552 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

This is the third message ive seen from this guy, somebody ban him please

Old 10-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #553 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I'll be adding that image to my collection.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-20-2005, 10:09 PM   #554 (permalink)
Monster Techie

same. i love the one with the soldier

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 (Thermalright Ultra-120)
Mushkin 2x2GB DDR800 RAM

eVGA GeForce 8800GTS
Creative X-Fi Gamer Edition
Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7,200RPM
Western Digital Caviar 640GB 7,200RPM
OCZ 720W ModStream
Lian Li PC-7A
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 AM   #555 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Good image there.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-21-2005, 01:29 AM   #556 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

yeah, somebody post the one with the soldier, i want it for my photobucket account.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #557 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I have great news for everyone!

Tested on Vista 5231

I cannot be sure on this but it does apear that Microsoft no longer requires the drivers for any hardware to be digitally signed by them. This is a great relief to me and I'm sure to many others.

The warning on digitally signed drivers is removed

On the downside you still need a 64 meg video card to get transparencies.

As a suprise to many MS did include P2P but it is not funtional nore can it be installed through the Windows components.

It is shown but not funtional

There is no option to install P2P
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #558 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
I have great news for everyone!

Tested on Vista 5231

I cannot be sure on this but it does apear that Microsoft no longer requires the drivers for any hardware to be digitally signed by them. This is a great relief to me and I'm sure to many others.

The warning on digitally signed drivers is removed

On the downside you still need a 64 meg video card to get transparencies.

Edit: It looks like I may have been wrong about P2P on Vista I'll update the post when I finish exploring this new build.
what the hell are you talking about? you misconstrue every that everybody say. somebody mention that longhorn had it in the add/remove windows components,

Quote:
Originally posted by killians45
Oh, as far as not finding P2P in longhorn, from my understanding it is not installed by default.

add it via Add/Remove Programs --> Add/Remove Windows Components. Install the Peer-to-Peer component. That will add the p2p.dll needed for running the samples.

just so ya know... as far as P2P, I stick with bit torrent. Mostly for obscure or no longer publised materials, however I AM guilty of downloading stuff that isn't, but not often.
so now you are using that statement against vista. it's in control panel (classic view) in vista

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
What were you saying?

Old 10-23-2005, 02:40 PM   #559 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Hey Eric I said it did have P2P even before I edited my post as you just happened to quote. And from what I can read (please fix grammer) you are saying that Vista still requires it to be signed from MS. Please show me where because all the warnings are gone and in group policies it is no longer enforced.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

I'm willing to be proved wrong but till you can show pictures or give step by step instructions on how to "sucessfully" install it I will stick by my statment. It isn't completed in this build plain and simple.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #560 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Hey Eric I said it did have P2P even before I edited my post as you just happened to quote. And from what I can read (please fix grammer) you are saying that Vista still requires it to be signed from MS. Please show me where because all the warnings are gone and in group policies it is no longer enforced.

here we go again, you tell me to fix grammar, yet you don't understand anything that you read from people with perfect english or grammar.

Quote:
you are saying that Vista still requires it to be signed from MS.
Now where did I say that?

I actually said that disabling it in vista was easy, when you ask a how to do it. get the facts straight

Closed Thread