Windows Vista Discussion - Page 47 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #461 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

and dual core and 64 bit

Old 10-08-2005, 02:48 AM   #462 (permalink)
Banned

wow, its like windows xp but grey, and ugly, with wide, blank side bars that look annoying... i will never use windows again.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:55 AM   #463 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
This is totally incorrect as i use Firefox 1.0.7, Firefox 1.5 Beta, Deer Park Alpha 2, Opera 8.5 all within my Vista Build 5219 which is the most current oneout. As for the rest of your statements tell you "friend" he needs to wake up. DRM has nothing to do with what he says it does. DRM is at the hardware level to control only certain media. Like you video card controling what you view on your screen. It has nothing to do with a .txt file. Vista is far more advanced that ME would ever thing of being. Your friend has no clue on what he is trying to say about Vista. I have been following the DRM development very closly since i dont want to have to pay $1000 for a monitor just so i can play a game. Need to learn the difference between a hardware control that will allow certain permission (like a firewall) to perform certain tasks. He wants you to think that Vista will be using the Big Brother metod to control what you do. Where everything is mapped and sent to M$ so they can waych your every step and its all a conspiracy. Sorry M$ doesnt have enough people or time to watch 450 million people that use their software and try to control what they do.

Of course that just my 2 cents dont ahve to like it.

WOW. you couldnt be more wrong. digital rights management is purely software.

i dont even know where to begin ... like ... i never thought anyone would say something like that so i dont know what else to say.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:15 AM   #464 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Itys just to bad that M$ has announced that they are not leaving it up to the software for DRM. They are taking to the hardware level for Vista. That is why i made that statement. Vista is using DRM right down to the hardware level. That is why if you dont have the right Vista will not display your image on your Monitor (along with the fact that not many of us have the $1,000 Monitor that is needed for this) . DRM is also controlled by Software but for Vista purposes it is all on the hardware level that they are talking about. They do not wish to leave it up to the software developers to comply with their wishes so they are doing it all themselves. I am sorry i didnt make myself totally clear on that statement.
Here is one article that talks about it...ZDNet
Another
Yet Another

So you see it wasnt just out ot the air that i made that statement. It was based on other articles that have stated that Vista will be hardware based controlled not only software.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #465 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Hm well I'd like to say your all wrong.....

You all are complaining that DRM is this evil thing that will not even let you play MP3s. While in fact I've used every vista build out there exept 5219 and there are no signs of this DRM at a end user level and I can say you will hardelly even notice it at all. DRM is not going to change anything at the current time. Thats from experiance and I have yet to read a Perfessional article saying it will have some noticeable effects all I have read was articles written by 17 year old piraters that go something like this

"soo yeh Windows VI won't even let you use P2P or listen to mp3s it sucks a$$ don't buy it"
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-08-2005, 12:49 PM   #466 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Tyler the reason you dont see DRM yet is cause it is not in the Betas. It will be in the RC and the final version. They are still in Development. It isnt available in either Beta 1 nor build 5219. That would be why you dont see it yet. I have listened to all my MP3's and watched all my movies so far with 5219 with no problem.
As for your last comment apparently you didnt read any of the 3 articles i posted. They are all by well respected people not 17 yr olds. They are some of the industries best. I know its not Paul T. but live with it.
So maybe that will explain to you more about DRM since you dont seem to get the fact that its nto in Vista yet. I dont understand how you can say such a thing but yet not know yourself that it isnt in Vista.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #467 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Makaveli I'm not the biggest fan of Thurrot though he is a good source for news his ratings are questionable. Anyways I recall you posting a link from a site called "The register" I have found their sources to be very biased. Though I haven't been reading up on it as much as I should but still from what I read it will not be a big deal please post your three links. I only see one source.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #468 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,122738,00.asp
Old 10-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #469 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I have never used the register. I dont even know what that is. You are mistaken me for someone else on that one Tyler. Yes i did only have one source. But dont you think 3 Articles (even from 1 source) all talking about the same thing is a good amount? Ohhh i forgot if it isnt all all over the internet it cant be true. Everyone and their brother has to know about it. Come on.
Thanks Eric for putting that articel up. I read that in my PC World mag just today. I wasnt sure if it was on the net yet.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #470 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
Itys just to bad that M$ has announced that they are not leaving it up to the software for DRM. They are taking to the hardware level for Vista. That is why i made that statement. Vista is using DRM right down to the hardware level. That is why if you dont have the right Vista will not display your image on your Monitor (along with the fact that not many of us have the $1,000 Monitor that is needed for this) . DRM is also controlled by Software but for Vista purposes it is all on the hardware level that they are talking about. They do not wish to leave it up to the software developers to comply with their wishes so they are doing it all themselves. I am sorry i didnt make myself totally clear on that statement.
Here is one article that talks about it...ZDNet
Another
Yet Another

So you see it wasnt just out ot the air that i made that statement. It was based on other articles that have stated that Vista will be hardware based controlled not only software.
are you saying that the performance decrease (lack of visual graphics) caused by your deprecated hardware is DRM? what?

Closed Thread