Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all in the first post

Desktop CPU: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper Threading Technology 530 (or higher) or 3 GHz Intel Xeon processor with 2 MB L2 cache, or AMD Athlon 64, Sempron, or Opteron 100, 200, or 800 processor, single or dual-core versions.

Mobile CPU: 1.86 GHz Intel Pentium M processor 750 (or higher), or AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology, Mobile Sempron, or Mobile Athlon 64 processor.

RAM: 512 MB of RAM or more, all platforms.

Vista is whack.

I could never get it to work my gigabit card. I had to dig around and find an old network card to make the internet work. Next I tried to run the network setup wizard and it would always say that some files were missing. Then 5 day later, upon turning the computer on, it said I had some new driver (I forget the name) and now I can access my network.

When I go to my documents (this happened before & after, I move the document folder to 2nd drive) nothing was there except a folder that I still have to click. I had the same problem with my music and my pictures. Now if I dig deep enough in the OS customization, I can change the settings to make my documents, etc., to show up like a menu, then I can see them when I go to it (they will show up on the side). But I don't like that way.

I hate the way it hijack the Boot.ini files or the boot path. if you run your computer with dual or triple boot system (like my set up) you can't reinstall windows on the other partitions, without delete all boot paths thus rendering those and it own OS path useless. It will only recognize the new reinstall OS path. Fix mbr won't work (especially for vista). That was never a problem for an xp disc.

Finally it is nothing but an over bloated XP. I found myself tried of it after a week and I went back to windows. Then I deleted it after the boot path got eliminated. I will not reinstall it

Eric I have a Yamaha Sound Card. As most know Yamaha was bought out about four years ago making compatability issues difficult. Now step that up a notch and try to get a Yamaha sound card to work on vista.

So I eventually gave that up and live without sound for the time being. It's a hellish existance computers were ment to have sound. But that is the fact with any Beta and your gig card is no exeption.

As for bloatware I don't think it is physically. Hardrives can support it. And seeing as how it's 15% faster boot 10% faster app load I can hardly call it bloated.

Yes it is. That is the minimum requirments.

It's known for any OS you can run below min requirments I'm running Beta 1 now I have 2.40 ghz of processing power and 480 RAM.

waynejkruse10 said:
i think the min. requirements will be less at time of release.

I agree vista is a less resource hog than that leaky longhorn. with longhorn you needed a 3 gig processor with a gig ram just for the computer to get stuck (locked)

We all would want that and it's true in some extent already as the page file usage of VistaB1 is less then Long4047.

If they want this to sell, it will have to have less minimum requirements, since most people are still buying computers with 256MB of RAM abd 2.6GHz Celeron processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom