Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desktop CPU: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper Threading Technology 530 (or higher) or 3 GHz Intel Xeon processor with 2 MB L2 cache, or AMD Athlon 64, Sempron, or Opteron 100, 200, or 800 processor, single or dual-core versions.

What about all the semprons and athlon 64s that run at around 2GHZ? thay arent that old

Desktop CPU: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper Threading Technology 530 (or higher) or 3 GHz Intel Xeon processor with 2 MB L2 cache, or AMD Athlon 64, Sempron, or Opteron 100, 200, or 800 processor, single or dual-core versions.

mikee said:
What about all the semprons and athlon 64s that run at around 2GHZ? thay arent that old

they will work on it just fine. it say 3 ghz xeon, which intels makes. it doesn't say 3 ghz amd

There is no way MS will make Vistas requirements that high. They wouldnt sell fast at all. Do you know of all the thousands of people out there running under 3ghz? That might be recommened. Thats not going to happen and I will type that in stone.

512 megabytes (MB) or more of RAM

• A dedicated graphics card with DirectX® 9.0 support

• A modern, Intel Pentium- or AMD Athlon-based PC.

Warez I can't agree with you more I also agree with Eric those are probably based on Intel Processors. I don't like the requirements myself as my graphics card will have no chance of running the final verson of Vista and I'm running a 2.4 Ghz processor.

What I can say it it's believable as in a year 2006 in the later quarters when Vista is released a 3.0 is probably low end and computers at rip off stores such as best buy have 516 Ram in them or something close to that. The general rule for computers in everything is outdated in 1-2 years. They may not be that high when Vista is released for new computers but the older computers will feel the pain such as my year 2000 PC.

I'm sure I've read that they do somewhere. There is Areo, Areo Glass, Areo Diamond, and Legacy if I remember. Legacy is the same as classic the thing with Vista is that XP, 2003, and Vista are current Microsoft operating systems. A MS Legacy OS is now the official identifier for Windows 2K and below. I don't understand the entire Legacy deal myself but when I spoke to warez he said it would be Win2K and down and I agree with him.

ok, why is everyone so worried that the next version of windows have such a high requirement? In fact, the required computer isn't very expensive if i buy it today (i can get such one for about 900 bucks Canadian, however.. if you get in best buy...)

a new vid card, Radeon 9000 Pro 128 mb would run the thing fine, and the last time i checked, cheapst such card costs about 40 bucks Canadian..

and most people will not upgrade until they buy a new computer, as most brand name computer comes with a OEM version of windows.. With the possible exception of windows 95, all version is slowly been adapted in a two year period (i know i'm still running 2000 until about 2 years ago..).. The current requirement in two years will become cheap computers.. If you want to be an early adapter, better prepared to shell out money for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom