Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
you learn to click with a mouse and so on. Joke what you want but that is learning the fundimentals of computing. By the time I was 10 more or less I really started with my interest though. If it makes you happy I'll say 10 years of using computers 6 years of going in depth and trully learning.

=================
Hardware Requirements
=================

Official Microsoft Hardware Requirements, these are subject to change at anytime and without notice... Also this is for the 2006 release of Vista not the Premium version to be released in 2007. The Premium verson though a funny name for an OS will include WinFS and many other features that will not make it in the 2006 verson.
Desktop CPU: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper Threading Technology 530 (or higher) or 3 GHz Intel Xeon processor with 2 MB L2 cache, or AMD Athlon 64, Sempron, or Opteron 100, 200, or 800 processor, single or dual-core versions.

Mobile CPU: 1.86 GHz Intel Pentium M processor 750 (or higher), or AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology, Mobile Sempron, or Mobile Athlon 64 processor.

RAM: 512 MB of RAM or more, all platforms.

I don't know it will of course allow for XP and legacy/classic themes. I'm more concerned about the processor I'm running a 2.40 Ghz machine thats about 4-5 years old I fear it will not run the final product of Vista. But for any microsoft OS you can run it below the requirements it just is very slow.

mikee said:
windows vista is going to eliminate low end pcs
http://www.macobserver.com/article/2005/08/16.9.shtml

erm no, as hardware advance, current high end machines will become low end 2 years later, so after two years, people will really start to switch.. When people buy PCs for 400-500 (assuming US dollor?), they are obviously buying rip-offs from Best Buy and such..

I can build/buy a PC for 200-300 Canadian that is better than a 900 computer in best buy..

with the possibly exclusion of windows 95, the adoption rate of new OS is painfully slow.. So, people wouldn't even know vista before low end computer can handle vista as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom