Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just the installer. That will download the actual updates and that. ;)

Yes. Run the installer and watch the Windows update screen. You will see it say that it is downloading as it works.

The install is finished now. It didn't seem like it had anything extra to download after windows update finished the 87mb and the rest of the install took only half an hour then I had to get on the phone and sort out an issue with my key which took also about half an hour but everything is fine as of right now. I hope sp1 doesn't give me any more grief.

Is SP1 out yet? Do you just use Windows Update to download it?

Edit >

Windows Vista SP1 will report 4 GB of system memory (RAM) on systems that have 4 GB of memory installed

Finally lol, sick of Vista reporting 2.5GB.

That's weird because I am running Vista 32bit with 4gb and it reports 3.5gb not 2.5gb and this is rtm, not sp1

That's weird because I am running Vista 32bit with 4gb and it reports 3.5gb not 2.5gb and this is rtm, not sp1

It is different for some systems. If he has a 1GB Video card or runs a SLi or CrossFire setup that would be why it only says 2.5GB for him and not 3.5GB available.;)

so let me get it straight: if I update to SP1 it will show the installed 4GB and actually use them in my 32-bit version or it just shows the amount of ram installed but still use 3.5GB of it?

SP1 will report 4GB installed is you have 4GB installed. But you still will not be able to use all 4GB. It will just show that you have 4GB.

The thing i was explaining above was why his system showed 2.5GB instead of 3.5GB pre-SP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom