Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista Ready GPUs - TheTechArea.com

That is the list of Aero Compatible Video Cards. If your card is not on there then you can not do Aero.

The RealTek driver is a known issue. The only known driver that i know of for this is the one thru Windows Update.

Hello.. Finally I'm on vista..
Why...?? because 2 reasons...
1) wanted something new.. and people like makaveli convinced me to use.. :rolling eyes:
2) SP1 will be out soon..

I got some questions and a problem to fix...
I can't install onboard Ad'97 driver
here's the screenshot http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3130/86961472lp8.png

I have vista ultimate.. how can I use aero because I searched on internet.. I think 64 mb card should work.. and should I install the updates that are showing me right now..or just install SP1... ??

the RAM in the Video Cards mean pretty much nothing, because a gddr3 256mb beats a gddr2 512mb

also because there are cards with good amounts of RAM, but don't run Aero, example is my stupid Radeon 9250, it has 256mb of GDDR1 RAM, and it can't run Aero, its just based on the pure DX9 ability

the RAM in the Video Cards mean pretty much nothing, because a gddr3 256mb beats a gddr2 512mb

also because there are cards with good amounts of RAM, but don't run Aero, example is my stupid Radeon 9250, it has 256mb of GDDR1 RAM, and it can't run Aero, its just based on the pure DX9 ability

Ohhk..!! :)

I have one more problem to discuss...

when I try to shut down the computer from OS.. It won't shut down totally...
you know.. It's shuts down but power stays on.. so I have to manually press
shut down button on chassis for couple of seconds. any idea...wat's going wrong..??

shut down button on chassis for couple of seconds. any idea...wat's going wrong..??

your probably clicking the power icon on the start menu.
instead click the side button i think and you will see the shutdown option.

I have a question XD I finally got everything backed up and vista x64 installed with only a handfull of problems. my most important backup dvd somehow got bricked and wont read haha. so thats a PO but oh well.

1 compatability issue so far, with a 3rd party game launcher. i knew of it before hand and nothing a registry edit didn't fix by allowing me a workaround. The launcher only edited the reg anyway (to improve some graphical things in ffxi online) so I did it by hand, no program needed.. just a bit of research so i didn't screw somethign important up hahaha.

but yeah anyway heres the question. For some Random *** reason, when i drag and drop files to different folders. instead of Moving the file, it Copies it. So I end up with two of the same file, or folder.

anyone know where/how to fix that??? lol its really a pain to delete a copy of everything I move since I do a RIDICULOUS amount of moving .dat files and music files around every day lol. Thanks

on a side note installing vista x64 fixed that annoying problem in x86 where my power saver options never saved, so now my monitor doesnt shut off after 20 min anymore wooooo. oh and its lightening fast over vista 32bit with 4 gigs of ram. I almost thing only readin 3.2 gigs made it run slower than having 2. Now being able to read all 4 makes it smooth as silk. I can't complain about vista performance problems now, there aren't any hahaha.

so far x64 ftw. now if all my tweaking apps work without a hitch i'll be happy and not have to worry about compatability issues.

You have to click the arrow next to the little lock. This will bring up the shut down command. The Red Circle thing is standby not shut down.

but yeah anyway heres the question. For some Random *** reason, when i drag and drop files to different folders. instead of Moving the file, it Copies it. So I end up with two of the same file, or folder.
This is normal windows behavior. It should always copy the data and not move it. You have to force it to move it with FileMenu Tools or a Cut and Paste. This is how it has always worked in Windows. So what you are expereincing is normal. No fix for normality.

You will have to get FileMenuTools. That will allow you to right click and use a Move To Command there to move the files.

You have to click the arrow next to the little lock. This will bring up the shut down command. The Red Circle thing is standby not shut down.

no, I click on shutdown button and still this happens, :(
also how should I remove windows.old ??
( it says This is no longer in C:\ , verify location and try again, why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom