Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about DRM this and DRM that has me wondering....what will Vista be trying to do about my 27k mp3 files? Not to mention tv shows, etc....

Vista does nothing. I have over 11K MP3's, DVD's, TV shows, among other things. Vista plays them all jsut fine. There is no DRM stopping them from playing on my CRT or my LCD.

Everyone has got their panties in a bunch over this DRM thing. There is nothing in Vista that has stopped me from viewing any of my files since Vista was a Beta. Still hasnt since it went final. that is from July 2005 to June 2007. Almost 2 years with no DRM problems. I think it is safe to say that DRM isnt that big a issue as we made it out to be.

Also everyone note that Vista can play DVD's without the need to install programs such as power dvd, after you install vista you can just pop in a dvd to watch. This is one of the many small things I like about vista

judging from my sig, i need to get XP Pro 32-bit to fix my computer, because i disabled my 9200 back in February n i replaced my default boot loading screen with a customized one back in November.

now, since XP Pro costs so much, both retail n OEM, would it be wise for me to just get Vista Ultimate 32-bit OEM since it's cheaper then retail? Vista Ultimate 32-bit OEM is like $40 or so more from XP Pro 32-bit OEM. I would to spend more money just to upgrade to Vista Ultimate 32-bit when SP1 comes out n would rather get Vista Ultimate 32-bit now, but as OEM, so can save money.

whew.....im done, a lot of typing on my Wii lol. If any of u smart, fellow geeks can help me out, i appreicate it.

last question, my friend said u cant uninstall OEM OS's once it's put on a HDD, same goes with changing mobos, this true?

-Wildside

hmmm wondering if this section is the rite place to ask about window vista? Anyway, my question here is if there any way i could view my all program the same way as window xp( start > all programs > ) You see in xp when i click all program, it will show all my program in a forward way but in vista the program stay there

So far, not too impressed. Just installed in on a brand new machine (Intel 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo with 4 gigs of RAM) and it runs better on my OLD machine (AMD 2.6 Single Core with 512 ram) than this one.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I expected it to be done doing whatever it needs to be done before I could blink. Now, I can go make a sandwhich...

hmmm wondering if this section is the rite place to ask about window vista? Anyway, my question here is if there any way i could view my all program the same way as window xp( start > all programs > ) You see in xp when i click all program, it will show all my program in a forward way but in vista the program stay there

right click on bottom of screen>properties>start men>classic start menu

btw this wil make the interfce look really ugly

installed vista a few weeks back and i have to say it was worth the risk... i seemed to really "luck out" as most of the drivers i got for non-essential things were JUST released the day i installed vista :)

i do have one complaint.... i never thought in a matter of a few years my computer would be so totally pwnd by vista.......

screen shot

check out that gnarly cpu meter on the bottom... pretty harsh for 2 gigs IMO (vista x64 ultimate and X2 4200+ s939), but oh well

that video converter isn't even active - a nice chunk of that was photoshop (which i had just closed to release some of the memory), but only about 30% of it was photoshop, it usually idols around 60% usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom