Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have home basic and of the occasional non fatal blue screen, this has got to be the oddest error I ahve ever gotten.

"we are sorry but something actually installed correctly" - lol

Attachments

• eh.jpg
    eh.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 112
Microsoft Patches Vista iPod Bug
Microsoft has patched a Windows Vista bug that can corrupt an iPod when you use the 'Safely Remove Hardware' feature or disconnect the iPod using Windows Explorer.

The release is for users worldwide and works with the latest version of Apple iTunes to correct an issue that caused some iPods to become corrupted when ejecting them using Windows Explorer or the "Safely Remove Hardware" function in the System Tray.

Windows Vista Team Blog : Final iPod update is available via Download Center

It was only a matter of time until a fully cracked version of Windows Vista would be released by a cracker group. A group called NoPe released a Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate X86 OEM version that requires, according to their nfo, no serial during installation and no activation after installation.
The version of Windows Vista Ultimate seems to be already activated because it is possible to use Windows Update to download all updates from windows update. There is however the rumor that this is actually a Dell OEM version which does only work on Dell computers.
According to the comments on The Pirate Bay (which has a Dell OEM torrent) the version installs on all PCs but remains activated only on Dell computers and requires a activation after 30 days on all others.

I wonder how long before M$ gets this one patched. They are working on getting the Paradox BIOS fix out there. So i dont think it will be to long after that they will fix this one as well.

I have home basic and of the occasional non fatal blue screen, this has got to be the oddest error I ahve ever gotten.

off topic a bit... but i thought vista basic didn't have aero or is there a hack now??

This might be a little bit off topic but if that's home basic how are you running aero?

This might be a little bit off topic but if that's home basic how are you running aero?

Like this

Enable Aero Glass in Home Basic

Regedit:
HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/DWM/

Composition = 1
CompositionPolicy = 2

Right click Command Prompt and run as admin:

net stop uxsms
net start uxsms

Done!

Warez i have tried that on several machines, including the Demo at work, and it has never worked for me.

But that does look like a different regedit than i have seen before. But all the other i have tried havent worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom