Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus w/ latest non-beta BIOS 0501, Intel E6600 Dual Core, Corsiar 2gig dual channel, Geforce 8800 GTX, Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

I have a problem with Vista and power management. My Bios settings are set to S1+S3 and windows power management is on but my PC will not go to sleep. The monitor and hard drives do go to sleep however and wake up properly when I move the mouse or use the keyboard. If I tell my PC to sleep through the start menu it does but then I can't wake it up properly. I think my PC wakes up but not my monitor. I saw something about voltages screwing things up with the USB mouse or PS2 keyboard so I tried disabling them from being able to wake up the PC but it had no effect, the PC still would not sleep. My wife's PC has an AMD FX-57 and an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe mobo and power management functions work perfectly on hers! I even double-checked and compared power management settings to see if I was missing something. Any advice here?

Yeah, the only problem I have is when my puter goes to sleep or hibernate I can't get it back on. I have to restart it. Don't know what causes it or how to fix it. I just don't use it anymore.

ok now mine won't even go into sleep it just starts to fade out to sleep then flicks back to the desktop

does anyone know of ms is planning on making the basic theme in any different colours, because the home basic users right now are stuck with just one and should just revert to xp because it is in my opinion better than home basic.

Why not use windowsblinds? It will isntall on Vista and you can use anything you want just like you did in XP. Also the UXTheme.dll hack also works for Vista as well. So you can do what you did with XP on VIsta to get a different theme.

M$ has made no plan of getting a different color yet.

With all the Microsoft-created confusion out there around when and even if the company plans to deliver the first service pack (SP) for Windows Vista, it's nice to see some concrete proof that Vista SP1 does exist.

The WinFuture.de folks managed to grab a quick snapshot of a machine running a build of Vista SP1 during one of the Rally talks at the Windows Hardware Engineering Conference (WinHEC) in Los Angeles this week. Plain as day, it says: "Windows Build 6001 Service Pack 1, v113."

A PowerPoint slide was also seen mentioning the existence of Vista SP1 during a WinHEC chalk talk on "The Future of Input" at this week's show. (The context: A shim for the kernel-mode driver foundation version of the digitizer driver will ship as a Windows Driver Kit sample in Vista SP1.)

Given all the mumbo-jumbo coming from the Windows brass lately about SP1, people were starting to wonder whether Microsoft might to try to go without one and just use Automatic Update and Windows Update Services to roll out all of the Vista fixes and updates. I guess this evidence clears all of that up!

view.gif
View: WinFuture SP1 Article
source.gif
News Source: ZDNet Microsoft Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom